Sunday, September 7, 2014

Master Bedroom Project

After 7 years, I finally took the plunge to turn the master bedroom into something I LOVE! Bought some stuff for the walls & finally decided to put it all together! My first purchase was this precious little sign made by Corn Cob Cove. Unfortunately, due to illness, she's not working anymore. 


At this time, still didn't have the vision for the room. Then, I found this painting online on sale. I had fallen in love with it years ago at DandyLions but I wasn't married at the time. :) 


I finally started having the vision to redo the master bedroom! Now, we needed a new bed. All we had was a queen frame with boxed springs & mattress. Wanted a platform bed but they were ridiculously high priced! Started pinning platform beds trying to find one that Joey could make. :) He's LOOOOVING married life & the Honey Do Projects I give him. ;) A dear friend of ours, Brittany, follows me on Pinterest and saw all the platform beds I was pinning. Her hubby, Chris, LOVES woodwork. He had some extra lumber lying around & called Joey over to help build our bed! He even did research on the best way to make the bed! Joey & Chris did manly stuff in the garage while Brittany & I did girl stuff inside :) Next thing we know, Chris texted Joey and said the bed was finished! Joey picked it up & brought it home! One afternoon when Joey wasn't home, I surprised him by moving everything out & putting the new bed together so he wouldn't have to. :) 

One of Joey's coworkers a had just replaced all the windows in her home & she was selling the old farmhouse type windows! PERFECT for a headboard! At this point, I really had the vision to get the bedroom finished! 

I called on my good friend Alicia, who is a pro at decorating. Her house looks like something out of Pottery Barn catalog! Showed her the two wall hanging and asked for advice! She suggested denim curtains and a yellow that was in the marriage painting for the wall color. Genius! So off I went in search for denim curtains. Yah...those don't exist. Looked online, in Target, WalMart, Bed Bath & Beyond without luck. Pretty much put the bedroom project on hold until I could find the perfect curtains! Finally found some at Old Time Pottery that were the closest thing to what I was looking for! And for a fraction of the cost! Got 4 curtains for less than the cost of 1 curtain anywhere else! The bedroom project was back on!!!
We went to Home Depot, grabbed a gazillion paint chips to pick the wall color out! This is what we ended up with.

 
The blue was a close match to the curtains. The yellow & green matched the Marriage painting perfectly! The green was going on our bedside tables that we had purchased at thrift stores a year or so ago. 

We received this B as part of a wedding gift. I'm pretty sure we can thank the Lib's for it! :) And I found these at the Habitat Restore a while back and I'll finish them real cute. 


Walking through WalMart, we found a quilt that was super close to what I had been searching for! So excited! I didn't want a modern bedroom. Wanted something vintage looking & this was perfect! 


Ran into some dear friends of ours at WalMart & they suggested we take before pics. I had already taken down the old curtains & wall art but this was what the bedroom looked like the day we started our project! 


Yes. I lived in a white bedroom for 7 years. All I needed was padded walls! ;) 

Here's Joey patching the walls. :) He's such a great handyman!






This is the semi finished bedroom! 


Now for painting the trim, putting up the headboard, new curtain rods, wood blinds & painting the bedside tables! Phew! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment