Friday, October 19, 2012

Patience. Or lack there of.

" Be still in the presence of the LORD,
and wait patiently for Him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes." -Psalm 37:7

Ok, God. I get it.

I guess it's safe to say I've been rather frustrated lately. Not necessarily with God but multiple areas in my life where I want change. The last few days, I have stated vocally, "I've been waiting long enough for an answer" and "not only has He not answered my prayer, but He's just being silent!" I even went as far as to pray "Lord, smack me up side the head with the answer". Well. I do believe He's giving me my answers...I get to continue to "patiently" wait.

In different areas of my life, I feel like I've expressed enough patience. And I'm not a patient person. When I want something, I want it now. I'm craving change. I'm craving "improvement". Quarter life crisis? Lord, I hope not! I thought I went through that about 6 or 7 years ago!!!

Although I may not act like it, I do trust God's plan. I'm not fond of waiting. And I'm really not too fond of forfeiting control, either. I'm diligently searching for His will in my current situations. And trying to find the blessing in disguise.

James 1:19 says, "Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry."

Guess I need to start practicing patience, control my emotions, keep my feisty mouth shut, continue to pray and trust in His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment