Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Month of Thanks Day 6

Today, I am thankful for Tootsie, my newest addition in the Boardman Zoo! This sweet little kitten has sent this house into a war zone this past week but has taught me a lot about myself in the process.

This 2.2lb ball of "meeuuu"ing fur (she can't meow, it's more like a mooo!) doesn't understand why there are 4 "of her people" growling, hissing & swatting at her. She doesn't realize that she has stepped inside "someone else's territory" and thus made them mad. She's just a happy lil innocent ball of fur that bounces around everywhere! "Oh, you hiss at me? I'll bounce around & chase your tail!", "Oh, you growl at me? I'll run up to ya, swat ya & run like the wind!" and "you swat at me, I'll swat back!"

So, what has this 2.2lb lil kitty taught me that I'm so thankful for?! She has taught me not to worry with people that don't like me, my actions and/or my words. As someone with a "strong personality", I tend to get FIRED UP over other people's opinions, their words & their actions. I let them raise my blood pressure, make me mad & drive me crazy! But Tootsie has made me realize it's just not worth it to worry about others'! At the end of the day, who suffers?? This gal!

Not gonna say I will completely stop letting others get to me (some days will be better than others!) but I am making a conscious effort, with the good Lord's help, to change how I react! Even on Election Day. :)

p.s. The harmony in the house the last few days has been nice. I guess the others' decided they were wasting their time being angry & stirring up trouble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment